Last updated: May 1, 2021
Information for California Residents
Notice to California Consumers: This California Consumer Privacy Statement is intended to comply with the California Privacy Protection Act, which became effective January 1, 2020 (“CCPA”) and to provide appropriate protection and care with respect to the collection and treatment of the personal information of California consumers that is subject to CCPA.
This Statement describes the categories of personal information that the Company collects, where this information comes from, why the Company collects this information, the Contractors, Service Providers, and other Third Parties with whom the Company shares this information (and why), and confirmation that the Company does not sell your personal information.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You have following rights with respect to the Company’s collection and use of Personal Information.
- You have the right to know what Personal Information we collect.
- You have the right to know whether the Company sells or otherwise shares Personal Information and with whom.
- You have the right to object to the sale of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to access the Personal Information that the Company collects from you.
- You have the right to equal service from the Company, whether or not you exercise the rights stated above.
Categories of Personal Information that the Company collects
"Personal Information" is any personal information about one of our users which could, alone or together with other information, reasonably be used to identify them. Information such as a user name and password, an email address, a real name, and a photograph are examples of “Personal Information.”
Categories of Personal Information that the Company collects includes information necessary to create an account with us and to provide the Company services that you request, including for provision of support. This includes information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and user name and password.
Personal Information does not include aggregated, non-personally identifying information. We may use aggregated, non-personally identifying information to operate, analyze, improve, and optimize our website and service.
Information we collect from Service Providers and/or Third Parties
From time to time, the Company receives personal information about individuals from third parties, including from our service providers. This may happen if you sign up for training or to receive information about us from one of our vendors or business partners.
Why we collect this information
- We need your Personal Information to create your account, and to provide the the Company services you request, or to respond to support requests.
- We use your Personal Information, specifically your user name, to identify you in connection with your use of the Site and our business dealings.
- We may use Personal Information and other data to make recommendations for you. These recommendations are automated decisions, but they have no legal impact on your rights.
- We collect Technical Information to better understand how our website visitors use the Site and the Company services, and to monitor and protect the security of the Site.
- We collect Personal Information from Service Providers and other Third Parties for the purposes for which it was authorized to be collected.
- We use your Personal Information and Technical Information for internal purposes, such as to maintain logs for security reasons, for training purposes, and for legal documentation and compliance.
- We do not intentionally collect sensitive personal information, such as social security numbers, genetic data, health information, or religious information, If you store any sensitive personal information on our servers, you are responsible for complying with any regulatory controls regarding that data.
How we share the Personal Information we collect
- We do share Personal Information, so we can perform services you have requested or communicate on your behalf. For example, if you purchase products or services from us, we will share your account name with Service Providers, including our licensors, who facilitate our provision of such products and services.
- We do not host advertising on the Site. We may occasionally embed content from third party sites and that content may include ads. While we try to minimize the amount of ads our embedded content contains, we can't always control what third parties show. Any Third Party advertisements on provided via the Site are not sponsored by, or tracked by, the Company.
- We do share certain aggregated, non-personally identifying information with others about how our users, collectively, use the Company, or how our users respond to our other offerings. However, we do not sell this information to advertisers or marketers.
- We do share Personal Information with Contractors and Service Providers who process it on our behalf to provide or improve our service, and who have agreed to privacy restrictions similar to our own Privacy Statement by signing contracts that include data protection agreements. Our vendors perform services such as payment processing, customer support ticketing, network data transmission, product shipping, and other similar services. These Service Providers may process data outside of the United States.
- We do share aggregated, non-personally identifying information with Third Parties.
- We may share Personal Information if we are involved in a merger, sale, or acquisition, or in connection with legal or regulatory requirements.
Public information Available Through the Site
- If your content is public-facing, Third Parties may access and use it in compliance with our Terms of Service, such as by viewing your profile. We do not sell that content, however, we do allow Third Parties, such as research organizations or archives, to compile public-facing Company information. Other Third Parties, such as data brokers, have been known to scrape the Company and compile data as well. Your Personal Information, associated with your content, could be gathered by Third Parties in these compilations of Company data.
How you can access and control the information we collect
- If you're already a Company account holder, you may access, update, alter, or delete your basic user profile information by editing your user profile or contacting the Company. You can control the information we collect about you by limiting what information is in your profile, by updating out of date information, or by contacting the Company.
- If the Company processes information about you and you do not have an account, then you may access, update, alter, delete, or object to the processing of your Personal Information by contacting the Company.
- You may always take your data with you. You must file a request for a copy of your data by using the procedures described below.
Data retention and deletion of data
- Generally, the Company will retain Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
- We may retain certain Personal Information indefinitely, unless you delete it or request its deletion. For example, we don’t automatically delete inactive user accounts, so unless you choose to delete your account, we will retain your account information indefinitely.
- We will retain and continue to use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile (within reason) within 30 days. You may contact the Company to request the erasure of the data we process on the basis of consent within 30 days following deletion of your account.
- After an account has been deleted, certain data will remain until deleted in accordance with our customary retention policies. However, we will delete or de-identify your personal information, including your user name and email address.
How we respond to compelled disclosure
- The Company may disclose Personal Information or other information we collect about you to law enforcement in response to a valid subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar government order, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, or those of third parties or the public at large.
- In complying with court orders and similar legal processes, the Company strives for transparency. When permitted, we will make a reasonable effort to notify users of any disclosure of their information, unless we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, or in rare, exigent circumstances.
- We may disclose personally-identifying information and other information that we collect about you in connection with a sale of our business and/or business assets, including in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding.
How you may request information regarding your rights
You may request information regarding your rights by contacting us through our Contact Form on this Site, or by mail or phone at:
Wisecrack & Whimsy, LLC
Attn: Privacy Officer
6106 Harvard Avenue
PO Box 550
Glen Echo MD 20812
Upon your reasonable request and verification of your identity, we will disclose the following information regarding our collection practices:
- We will disclose the different categories of Personal Information that we collect and the sources for each category of Personal Information.
- We will disclose whether we sell your personal information or otherwise disclose it. The Company currently does not sell your Personal Information. It is disclosed only for the purposes described above.